Capstone Insurance Agency
How to Change a Flat Tire
- Make sure you have a safe place to work.
If you're on a road, turn your hazard lights on.
- Put the parking brake on.
- Using a jack, raise the car until it is supporting (not lifting) the car.
- Remove the hub cab and loosen (don't remove) the lug nuts by turning counter-clockwise.
- Making sure the car is stable, pump or crank the jack to lift the tire off the ground.
- Remove the lug nuts completely (turning counter-clockwise)
- Remove the tire.
- Place the spare tire on the hub and replace and tighten the lug nuts completely.
- Lower the car to the ground most of the way and tighten the lug nuts again.
- Lower the car completely, remove the jack, and tighten the lug nuts again.